Utilizing the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science's "Research Fellow" program, YCAM is accepting young researches from Japan and abroad who are motivated to improve their skills and increase their expertise through joint research with InterLab staff. Through a residency at YCAM spanning several months to several years, fellows are actively involved in a wide range of activities at YCAM, such as the production of works, learning and education, and regional development initiatives. We are awaiting applications from individuals who want to be involved in building new knowledge communities rooted in diverse practices and expertise.
- Collaborative research related to YCAM's project activities.
※ Please refer to the "About YCAM" for more information about YCAM's project activities.
- Researchers specializing in fields related to YCAM's business activities and possessing academic achievements.
- Individuals with enough English to write essays or who are learning Japanese.
- Individuals who are highly motivated to engage in joint research with InterLab staff.
Acceptance to this project is based primarily on the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science's "Research Fellow" and "Invitational Fellowships for Research" programs. For more detailed information about these programs, please see the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science's website. For those interested in utilizing other programs, please contact us on an individual basis.
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science's "Research Fellow" and "In Fellowships for Research" Programs
The goal of the "Research Fellow" program is to contribute to the training and security of the highly creative researchers--who are the future of academic research in Japan--by providing excellent young researches with the opportunity concentrate on their research while choosing their primary research specialty during the early stage of their careers. The program provides research grants to selected applicants who wish to devote themselves to research at universities and other research institutes.
The "International Fellowships for Research" program is a program that brings excellent foreign researchers to universities and other research institutions in Japan and, through joint research with Japanese researchers, discussions, exchange of ideas, and other activities, supports the internationalization of the research environment in Japan and advancement of both parties' research. Multiple frameworks have been put in place in terms of purpose for invitation and career stage.
Within these programs, YCAM is accepting doctoral graduates (SPD & PD) and foreign researchers (Europe and the US short term), foreign researchers (general), invitational fellowship for foreign researchers (long term), and invitational fellowship for foreign researchers (short term).
- From several months to several years (varies depending on the acceptance framework)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science will pay a research grant/stipend (monthly), travel expenses (only for foreign researchers), and research expenses.
- Please be sure to apply for accident, health, and theft insurance. Failing to do so will result in the researcher being responsible for any losses resulting in the event of such incidents.
Place of stay
Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media (YCAM)
- As deadlines vary depending on the acceptance framework, please consult the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science's website for further information.
- Please send a contact email to Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media general affairs approximately a month before the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science's application deadline. (The email address is listed at the bottom of the page.)
Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media [YCAM] general affairs
7-7 Nakazono-cho, Yamaguchi, 7530075 JAPAN